Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Prison Ministry


Mat 25:36 "I was naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. "




June 11-13, 2009 Jean and I will be attending a conference in Corpus Christi, TX. This conference will prepare us for the entering the work of the Sooner Prison Ministries in Granite, OK. There is the opportunity to teach a variety of classes such as Anger Management, Substance Abuse and Parenting Skills. These classes will also be available to the DOC Work Center in Hollis and to the general public community in Hollis.
These courses grounded in the word of God will attempt to reach a population that is in desperate need. We can complain about the way some people act or we can provide them with an alternative of a spiritual nature.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your blog...I will look forward to checking in from time to time.
    A book I just finished reading by Carol Kent is called "When I Lay My Isaac Down." It is based on learning to yield control to God but also highlights Prison Ministry towards the end as well...an encouraging read I recommend.
    With loving thoughts and prayers,
    M. Sue Moore (Chip's Mom) (San Angelo, TX)

    ReplyDelete